Saturday, August 17, 2013

The auction in Peyton

We headed out about 8:30 AM on our way out to Peyton, CO. to an estate auction. The auction was already in full swing when we go there at 9:30 AM. This was so big that they had two auctioneers going at the same time in different parts of the house. Yeah, that's how big the house is! Indoor pool, on acreage and with a nice pond behind the house. We hung out for about an hour, lot's of nice stuff but nothing I needed. Big crowd today so everything going at a premium.

On our way home we stopped and picked up several cartons of 9 MM ammo. I have been looking for ammo at Wal-Mart and they never have it so we stopped at gun shop that was on way back from Peyton. Picked up a couple of boxes of target ammo and two home defense. Candy keeps saying we need to go target shoot and now we don't have an excuse not to.

Then we stopped in at the Ross Auction House and did a quick walk through. Saw a few things but nothing that would keep me hanging there for several hours.   So we split and headed back for the house. Stopped at the German Deli on the way home and picked up some rolls and peppered salami and made some tasty sandwiches for lunch.

After lunch I headed over to the shop, the yard  needed mowed. Mowed then cleaned up around the shop. I fired up the Model A's and let them run for about ten minutes.  Hadn't started them in a while, but the fired right up. Took a few more measurements for the wall that I am going to build the shelves on. I plan on building them next weekend.

I think we are going to do Section 16 in the morning. Going to try to get an early start as I have to drive up to DIA as I am headed to Austin, TX. tomorrow for work, should get back on Thursday. I think I am all packed and ready to go. Taking a larger backpack with me to carry my stuff. I am going to try to walk to work and back when I am in Austin. So I need a bigger pack to carry a change of clothes, shoes and my tools for work.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Tags :

Related : The auction in Peyton